Tuesday, September 11, 2018
Castration Complex and Negative Choices
Our news cycles move so fast these days that it is almost impossible to write a compact blog about one subject without missing tons of equally important issues. So this one is just a series of thoughts about what is going on in our world.
* I honestly always believed men feared castration more than death itself but now I have watched Republican male politicians and male Trump followers willingly neuter themselves for his sake. They have become Eunuchs For Trump. Very strange phenomena.
* My favorite Democratic prospects for 2020 so far are Kamala Harris and Cory Booker but even more than them, I'm excited about Michael Avenatti. I think we need someone as willing to go for the throat in the political arena as Trump himself. The difference being that Avenatti is about 100 times smarter than Trump.
* Today, as I write this, it is the 17th anniversary of 911. Since then, we've had some relatively minor cases of terrorism in comparison to the massive scale of 911 and we've had several attempted cases that were stopped before the terrorists accomplished their mission. Why is that, do you suppose? Well, I believe it is because the dedicated men and women of our intelligence agencies and FBI have worked diligently to prevent terrorist attacks in the U.S. Yes, these would be the same people your president excoriates every day as lying Nazi thugs and traitors.
* It was so satisfying to watch Barack Obama and remember with fondness when we used to have a president that was judicious, intelligent, gracious, truthful, unifying and articulate compared to the president we have now, who is none of those things.
* As Hurricane Florence roars toward the Southeast coast of the U.S., we've got to wonder if the Trump administration is anymore prepared to deal with the aftermath than it was in Puerto Rico. Hope the White House is stocking up on paper towels.
* Once again, my former church is taking a beating on the issue of child molestation and its attendant dishonest cover ups. It is not natural for human beings to be celibate. Even a promise to God cannot for long defy human nature.
* All our choices seem to be bad ones. Brett Kavanaugh, for instance. Should he be confirmed? No. No Judge who was found to have lied in previous confirmation hearings should be put on the Supreme Court. But are we under any illusions that the next one nominated would be any better?
Trump. Should he be impeached. There is certainly more than enough evidence that he not worthy to be president but then we'd end up with Pence, who, as a radically right religionist, would be every bit as bad in his own way.
Only answer to all this - vote, vote, vote! Blue!!!.